Switching Gears Posting Policy
1. The vehicles listed on our website are for both private and commercial sellers and buyers.
2. Please don't include links to auction sites or links to your ad posted on another site.
Switching Gears Posting Policies
As a condition of use of Switching Gears you agree that you are at least 18 years of age.
General reasons for ads being deleted are:
- Ad breaches General Posting Policies
- The item being offered for sale is not considered appropriate to be sold on Switching Gears.
- Including information in your ad which Switching Gears believes is designed to manipulate search or affect the display of your ad.
- The ad is a duplicate of another ad previously posted
- Posted under wrong category (You must choose the single most relevant category for your ad)
- Ads posted in a language other than English. We only accept ads in English. It's acceptable to include a translation of your ad in another language in addition to English
- Ads posted from overseas or from behind a VPN: No overseas ads, or ads posted without an Australian IP address are accepted, Switching Gears is for Australian based individuals and businesses only.
- Ad contains external links: No external website links are allowed within your ad to other portals / classified, third party websites or auction sites
- Not descriptive enough: Ads that do not provide enough detail will be placed on hold or removed as this makes for a bad user experience
- Inappropriate language
- Inappropriate photo / image
- Discriminatory on race / religion / nationality / gender / etc
- Ads that report other fraudulent ads. Please report potentially fraudulent ads by contacting us through our contact page. Please provide us with the ad details (ad title, email address) and reasons why these ads should be reviewed
Switching Gears reserves the right to remove any ad that we feel is not relevant, or of value to the Switching Gear community, with or without notice to the ad poster.
There are several ways that your ad may be found to be in breach of policy and removed from the site including:
- Your ad has been reported to us.
- Changes to your ad no longer meet the above posting rules
When this happens your ad may be temporarily suspended until we review it.
- Your ad has been removed by our moderators
In most cases we email you to let you know when we have had to remove your ad. These emails sometimes get directed to junk folders so please look out for Switching Gears emails. You may wish to add Switching Gears to your safe senders list if you have one.
If you have checked out all of these possibilities and none of them apply to your ad then please let us know by contact us through the “contact page” located at the bottom of help pages and we'll be happy to help you out.